Although we expect stairways, stairwells, and sets of steps to be “low tech” compared to mechanical alternatives, property owners still have a responsibility to maintain them for those who climb the stairs each day. New York City property owners must maintain their stairways and steps in a “reasonably safe” condition for building occupants and visitors. When they do not, when they lapse in their duties and create hazardous situations for walkers, serious trip & fall accidents may occur causing unnecessary pain a suffering for the victim.
Accident Lawyers In New York City
Were you injured in a trip & fall accident on a flight of stairs or set of steps in New York City? Contact the experienced New York City trip & fall attorneys at Banville Law today. Our personal injury lawyers believe that no New York City resident should have to suffer the negligence of a property owner. With such a large number of residents, Manhattan alone consisting of over 850,000 apartments, there are numerous buildings suffering neglect and posing a potential danger to residents and guests.
We are dedicated to fighting for our clients’ best interests and holding careless property owners responsible for their actions. If you were hurt in an NYC trip & fall accident, you may be able to secure fair compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering by pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
Common Causes Of Stairwell & Step Accidents
New York City is home to numerous buildings, both small and large, from private residential apartment buildings to private office high-rises and public governmental offices. In every New York City building, visitors and residents alike have two options in making their way from floor to floor: use an elevator or take the stairs.
It is the responsibility of New York City’s property owners to ensure that their buildings’ stairways and steps are in good working condition and free of potential hazards. In our decades of experience, the New York stairwell trip and fall attorneys at Banville Law have helped clients injured by the following hazards:
- Broken steps
- Uneven steps
- Non-visible stair edges
- Cluttered stairs covered in debris
- Faulty handrails
- Poorly lit stairwells
Where Do Trip & Falls Occur?
Although the offices and apartment buildings of New York City are crosshatched by a multitude of steps that can be considered “stairways,” our attorneys have noticed a particular prevalence of trip & fall accidents occurring on:
- Steps leading to a building’s entrance – during the winter, entrance steps can easily become covered in a slick layer of ice, presenting the opportunity for serious slip & fall accidents. In addition, many buildings have steps made of stone which, without proper upkeep, can crumble and create a dangerous environment for those entering the building.
- Stairwells and stairways within a building
Personal Injury Attorney Services
The New York City personal injury lawyers at Banville Law are dedicated to securing maximum compensation for our clients, no matter the cause of their stair or step trip and fall accident. This commitment includes pursuing all avenues of compensation. We’ll cover every angle of your NYC trip & fall accident by:
- Working closely with your doctors and medical professionals. By gathering all the evidence surrounding your injuries, our attorneys can determine their extent and seek full reimbursement for your medical expenses, even if ongoing care becomes necessary.
- Returning to the accident scene with professional accident investigators. We’ll precisely determine the true causes of your trip & fall accident, ensuring that those responsible are held liable in a personal injury lawsuit.
Unlike insurance companies, Banville Law wants what’s best for you, not our bottom line. That’s why we approach every trip & fall accident case on a contingency-fee basis, offering our legal services at no cost to you until we return a verdict or settlement in your favor.