Since 1970, the Long Island Game Farm has been a popular family activity in Manorville, New York. If you’re looking for a fun and educational way to spend a Saturday or Sunday with your kids, we highly recommend making a visit here. The farm has a petting zoo where you can pet and feed the animals and a variety of other attractions and fun activities. Our Long Island personal injury lawyers love taking family field trips here. Here are some of our favorite aspects of the Long Island Game Farm:
The Long Island Game Farm has four exciting zoo attractions which are always popular with kids:
- Discovery Center – At the Discovery Center, zoo visitors can get a close look at some of the zoo’s most popular animals – including baby alligators and iguanas. This section of the park also has a picnic pavilion.
- Pony Rides – The Long Island Game Farm has several ponies on site which are available for rides from 11 am until 4 pm. Tickets cost $6 and can be purchased at the Gift Shop.
- Amusement Rides – The farm has a miniature amusement park section with several rides designed for small children, including a carousel and spinning teacups. Tickets are just $2 and available at the Gift Shop.
- Ringtail Lemur Keeper Talk – In this presentation, one of the farm’s animal experts will educate guests on a variety of monkeys and lemurs found at Lemur Circle.
The Long Island Game Farm offers several opportunities to get up close and personal with the furry friends found throughout the zoo and wildlife park:
- Giraffe Encounter – This encounter allows guests to meet the Game Farm’s resident giraffe, Clifford. It includes a short presentation by an animal expert and the chance to feed Clifford from an elevated platform.
- Wallaby & Friends Encounter – This exhibit introduces guests to the park’s newest marsupials, the Wallaby Irwin and his baby sister Susie. Other animals featured in this experience include Speedy the Tortoise and a bunny.
- Bambiland – At Bambiland, park visitors can have a close encounter with a deer. After walking through the deer forest, you’ll have the opportunity to hand-feed the park’s deer.
- Nursery – Every spring, the Long Island Game Farm takes in a variety of baby animals at their Nursery. Creatures that can be found here include kid goats, bunnies, chicks, ducklings, and more. You’ll even have the chance to bottle-feed these cute little critters.
- Hand Feedings – The farm offers the opportunity to hand-feed a variety of other animals, including llamas, alpacas, and a Sicilian Donkey.
- Tube Feedings – Some animals aren’t safe to be fed by hand, but guests do have the chance to feed them through tubes. These include buffalo, ostrich, emu, and zebras.
Dozens of different species can be found at the Long Island Game Farm Wildlife and Children’s Zoo:
- Black and White Lemurs
- Chickens and Roosters
- Fallow Deer
- Horses and Ponies
- Jersey Cattle
- Patagonian Cavy
- Red Foxes
- Red Kangaroo
- Ring-tailed Lemurs